The CPhI Pharma Awards announced the CPhI Pharma Awards Finalists and SmartX (Child Resistant, Tamper Evident, Blister Pack Wallet) has made it a hat-trick of Finalist nominations in 2017, by being selected for Excellence in Pharma: Packaging.
It has been a successful year for the innovative cardboard design, which has seen the product being nominated for Technical Design of the Year and Best Cardboard Carton Design of the Year, for the Luxury Packaging Awards and UK Packaging Awards respectively.
SmartX has been recognised for its importance within the child resistant packaging remit, that is supporting the notion of eradicating ingestions when it comes to blister packaging. The design also has a tamper evident function, which drives the 2019 EU Directive that is coming into place in February 2019.
Head of Marketing, Rich Quelch couldn’t hide his delight after finding out that Origin Pharma Packaging had been nominated for a third time in two months, “It absolutely amazing to be made a finalist for a third time. What makes it even more impressive is that it is for the same product, SmartX, and all in 2017.”
Rich goes onto explain how the hard work by the innovation team is beginning to pay off, “Our marketing team work very closely with the NPD & Innovation team, as we developed the brand in tandem with the product being created. We were confident that SmartX would be a success as we initiated an in-depth market research programme on the offiering for child resistant products for blister packs, on a global scale. It is early stages but we are very pleased with the attention from awards nominations, but more importantly gaining traction from interested, major pharmaceutical companies.”
Origin Pharma Packaging have an extensive NPD & Innovation programme and is set to showcase a brand new child resistant innovation for blister packaging at CPhI Frankfurt, this coming October – BLIS GUARD.
FINALISTS: Excellence in Pharma: Packaging
- Aero Pump GmbH – SideActuationDevice: Innovation in Ophthalmic Drug Delivery Devices
- Aptar Pharma – PremiumCoat™: the market leading answer to a reduced particulates profile for elastomeric stoppers
- Berry Global, Inc. – PalmSoft™ Closures by Berry Global, Inc.
- Catalent Pharma Solutions – An Innovative Solution to Flexibly Meet Unique Primary Packaging Requirements
- KISICO Kirchner, Simon & co. GmbH – NFCap the closure that talk to your customers
- Medicodose Systems – Smart pharmaceutical packaging
- Origin Pharma Packaging – SmartX: Child Resistant, Tamper Evident, Blister Pack Wallet
- SiO2 Medical Products – Paradigm Shift in Primary Packaging
- Speech Code Produktsicherheits GmbH – Let your products talk!
- Technoflex – Dual-Mix™, Error free system, the right dose with the right diluent
- UCB Pharma S.A. – SECONDARY PACKAGING FOR CIMZIA 2 PENS PRODUCT