Start Date: ASAP
1. General responsibilities
For the role of Shift Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Machine Fault finding and carrying out machine repairs/improvements.
- Assist with the installation of machinery.
- Check work carried out by lead operators and operators.
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all electrical mechanical aspects of the liquid filling and labelling machines in a safe and efficient manner.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns.
- Accurate reporting of mechanical breakdowns and spares used.
- Complete spare parts order form and hand to the production, stores manager.
- Liaise with local Engineering companies, contractors to carry out reactive maintenance as when required.
- Provide Engineering schematic drawings to assist with procurement of replacement parts
- Undertake tasks to further develop the machine/machine parts as and when requested.
- Ability to undertake reactive maintenance on modern pneumatic technology associated with production machinery
- Electrical fault finding on all associated production equipment including safe isolation as and when required.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to a high standard.
- Experienced with, use of compressed air systems including safe isolation as and when required.
- As Maintenance Engineer you will be to carry out, according to competency and with minimum supervision, tasks necessary to achieve the objective of engineering maintenance and installation in accordance with the site HSE standards and desired site reliability and technical integrity.
2. Additional Roles & responsibilities: Shift Engineer
- Be involved in all safety initiatives, i.e. audits, incident reporting & shutdown safety initiative.
- Develop and control permit to work scheme for Engineering contractors
- Promote locking off procedures
- Form a HAZOP team and identify each element and its parameters.
- Consider the effects of variation
- Identify the hazards and failure points
- Development improvement, continuous improvement of production process and procedures
3. In process quality checks – duties and responsibilities include:
- Checks are completed to the standards set out in the SOP
- All checks are completed in a timely manner and documented correctly to GMP standards.
- Any quality issues are reported to the senior management, QA assist QA with change controls, deviations, corrective action, preventative action and root cause investigation.
- GMP activities within the manufacturing unit
- Cleaning of facility and equipment as per SOP or work instruction
4. General duties and tasks as and when required:
- Any other reasonable work-related task
- Any other cross functional work-related tasks
- Subject to business requirement and change Engineering support throughout the Origin business as and when required.
Preferred Qualification HNC / ONC
Minimum qualification City & Guilds level 3 Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, NVQ’s or equivalent
Minimum 5 years previous experience preferred
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
The company has a comprehensive COVID-19 programme in place.
All applications must be supported with a CV and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org